Barkman Wood Products
CROFT + SPIRE & BARKMAN WOOD PRODUCTS
From it’s inception in 1992, Barkman Products has been dedicated to building hardwood furniture and accent pieces. By using a careful blending of generations old handcrafting techniques, complemented by state-of-the art woodworking equipment, Barkman and Croft + Spire ensure that you are provided with a meticulously manufactured American-made piece of furniture.
Following closely to Croft + Spire’s strict standards, Barkman Furniture produces beautiful, heirloom quality hardwood dining and bedroom furniture, as well as many unique occasional tables, accent pieces and accessories. All collections and pieces are custom-built and available in a variety of unique finishes, and delivered directly to our customer’s homes.
Your Barkman furniture journey from forest to home
The creation of fine furniture is, indeed, a journey. Starting with the finest of hardwood logs of many species, hand-selected and harvested from sustainable Midwest forests, and ending with custom-built, American-made furniture destined exclusively for your home, the Barkman Furniture journey has many stops along the way. The pathway of the journey blends state-of-the-art technology with hand craftsmanship, passed down from one generation to the next. The result is heirloom-quality furniture that will be part of your family for generations to come.
- Special Selection of Hardwoods – Only the finest selection of hardwood logs, harvested exclusively from sustainable forests, is used in the creation of Barkman hardwood furniture. In addition, select logs of white pine, red cedar, and aspen are used to create items included in the Rustic Living collections. Fresh from the sawmill, lumber will then be graded and sorted to select only the finest boards to be used to build Barkman hardwood furniture.
- Preparation & Construction Practices – Boards are then carefully stacked and dried to assure proper seasoning before the manufacturing process begins. Once boards are adequately seasoned, they are moved to panel processing. During the production process, state-of the-art woodworking machinery produces panel and frame components to incredibly close tolerances. Framing is the start of the process of actually building a piece of furniture; time-honored techniques for joinery, such as dovetailing, tongue-and-groove, box joints, and mortise-and-tenon, all have been used for centuries to construct furniture that stands the test of time, and also provides unique aesthetic appeal.
- Construction – Once a piece of furniture is assembled, hand techniques are employed to make each piece of Barkman furniture a one-of-a-kind treasure. Hours of sanding, planing, and, in some cases distressing, insure that each piece of furniture bears the special signature of the craftsperson to whom it was assigned, and that it is ready for the application of one of dozens of custom finishes.
- Finishing Touches – The process of applying custom finishes utilizes a combination of automated spray application and handsanding and wiping techniques. The result is always a finish that enhances the beauty of the species of wood selected, while at the same time providing protection and beauty that will only improve with the patina that time creates.
- Delivery into your home – At the end of the Barkman journey is furniture with unsurpassed beauty and durability. It is as close to perfection as humanly possible, and each piece bears the signature of the artisan ultimately responsible for its appearance and quality. Your piece of Barkman furniture is then carefully packaged and shipped to Croft + Spire, and delivered and set up in your home, ready to provide years of enjoyment for you and your family.
Quality Features & Benefits
- Dovetailed drawer boxes
- Undermount Soft-Close Drawer Slides
- Framed Construction Drawer Mount
Rail & Slat System on bed frame construction